Certifications and services
The eco-INSTITUT offers you wide-ranging services in the area of product testing and quality assurance of commodities - safety you can count on!
In our modernly equipped laboratories we examine and test a broad range of products such as
- Construction products
- Floor coverings
- Consumer goods
One of our priorities of test competence is the measurement of emissions in more than 85 stainless steel and glass test chamber in different sizes from 125 l according to ISO 16000, for example in terms of the approval principles of the German Institute for Structural Engineering (DIBt)
The eco-INSTITUT tests and evaluates low-emission and low-pollutant products and labels these with the eco-INSTITUT-Label. The test criteria go far beyond legal specifications. The certified products respectively their constituent parts are to be toxicologically harmless and as environmentally friendly as possible.
Beyond that, the eco-INSTITUT is also a testing, inspection and certification body accredited by other inspection bodies and label providers and supports you meeting international and national quality standards (such as Blue Angel, Cork-Logo, LEED etc.)
Our self-conception goes beyond mere analytical laboratory services. We see ourselves as independent problem solvers and advisers for clients in order to implement you and achieve more product quality and more safety of your products.
Our performances in a nutshell:
- International approved analytics for a wide range of products
- Chemically analytical and physical lab tests and evaluation according to national and international requirements and labels
- High flexibility and short operating time
- Competent advice on product development and product optimisation
- External/Quality inspection as part of the DIBt national technical approval
- Emissions analysis according to ISO 16000 (and EN 717-1) in more than 85 stainless steel and glass test chambers in different sizes from 125 litres
- Odour tests
- Expert body for authorities, institutes and associations
- Competent partner for the whole field of indoor air analysis and expertise incl. the evaluation of microbiological and indoor air hygienic characteristics.
In Feb 2015, the German Federal Environment Agency (Umweltbundesamt – UBA) has published the updated AgBB scheme which is in connection with the principles of the German Institute for Structural Engineering (Deutsches Institut für Bautechnik – DIBt) the relevant guideline for testing and health evaluation of emissions of volatile organic compounds (VVOC, VOC and SVOC) from construction products. » more
The Royal decree establishing threshold values for the emissions to the indoor environment from floor coverings, floor coverings adhesives and surface coatingswas published on Aug 18, 2014. » more