We test for you:
- Wood and cork floorings
- Resilient floor coverings
- Outdoor floorings
- and further floor coverings
Emissions (outgassing) from construction products may be a relevant cause of indoor air pollution. Additionally , energy saving and airtight construction methods may aggravate this problem.
Beside adhesives, floor covering are the first construction products for which, in Germany, concrete legal requirements in terms of emissions are effective.
One of our priorities of test competence for your product is the testing of emissions (outgassing) in more than 90 stainless steel and glass test chambers according to ISO 16000 (and EN 717-1).
- Emissions analyses in test chambers according to ISO 16000
- Compound analyses for heavy metals, AOX/EOX, biocides, phthalate, flame retardants and more
- Odour testing according to VDA
- Toxilogical and ecological expertise
- Advice on product development and optimisation
- Damage analysis
- Certification according to the criteria of the eco-INSTITUT-Label, of the Blue Angel (RAL-UZ 113/120/128/156/176) or of the Cork Logo
- Testing and evaluation according to further national and international criteria
From Jan 1st, 2012, construction products, decoration and furnishing products to be traded in France are to be labelled with an emissions classification on the basis of VOC emissions tests. This concerns: floor coverings, paint and varnish, windows, doors, wall and ceiling panelling, etc. Read more
eco-INSTITUT Cologne now is new member of the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), the most important non-profit organisation of leading agents of the construction industry promoting environmentally friendly, pollutants-controlled and sustainable buildings. Read more
Your contact for external inspection
Dipl. Holzwirt Daniel Tigges
Phone +49 221 - 931245-30