Label solid timber furniture and mattresses
OekoControl mark is rewarded by the the OekoControl Association for Quality Standard Ecological Furnishing Houses .
The aim of the affiliate of the Association European Ecological Furnishing Houses is to provide, with the engagement of as many manufacturers as possible, a reliable and transparent test system and quality mark to its customers in the industry of so-called organic furniture.
Since: “organic furniture” is no trademarked term.
The strict OekoControl requirements for furniture takes the following quality programmes in consideration:
- eco-INSTITUT-Label: testing criteria for furniture
- German Furniture Quality Assurance Association: quality and testing regulations for furniture RAL-RG 430
- Blue Angel | German Federal Environmental Agency: Basic criteria for low-emission panel-shaped materials (construction and furnishing panels) for interior construction (RAL-UZ 76)
- Austrian Ecolabel: guideline UZ6 for wooden furniture
- International Association of Natural Textile Industry: orientation values
- Ökotex Standard 100: testing criteria
- Quality Association for Environmentally-Agreeable Latex Mattresses: testing parameters