For more than 30 years, eco-INSTITUT has been testing indoor products on health and ecologically hazardous substances. One focus is the measurement of emissions (outgassing) in more than 120 glass and stainless steel test chambers. eco-INSTITUT also carries out odour tests and tests products for hazardous substances such as phthalates (plasticisers), heavy metals or pesticides.
We are happy to put together an individual testing programme (1) for pollutant control and quality assurance of your products and to advise you on product development or optimisation.
eco-INSTITUT is an approved test laboratory for many voluntary national and international quality labels (2). The award of the test marks is carried out by the responsible certification body (label provider). All test results and their evaluations are documented in a detailed test report.
The eco-INSTITUT also tests and evaluates products according to current legal requirements (3).
With the eco-INSTITUT-Label, eco-INSTITUT also offers its own quality mark, thus marking indoor products being non-hazardous to health and environment.
Laboratory testing and certification in comparison
Here you can find more information about Advertising with test reports.
- Emissions testing (VOC and aldehydes)) according to ISO 16000 / EN 16516
- in more than 120 test chambers of glass and stainless steel in sizes up 20 m3
- in a test room of 30 m3 according to ISO 16000 / CEN TS 16516
- in the micro chamber (CTE-μ-chamber) according to ISO 16000-25
- Screening method for determination of volatile organic compounds using headspace
- Screening method for the determination of volatile organic compounds from vehicle interior trim parts – Sample bag method according to ISO 12219-2
- Odour testing according to ISO 16000-28 and VDA 270
- Formaldehyde measurement according to EN 717-1 and flask method EN 717-3
- Formaldehyde adegradation measurement according to ISO 16000-23
- VOC degradation testing according to ISO 16000-24
- Headspace emissions testing
- Content testing for phthalates, heavy metals, pesticides, flame retardents and many more (in cooperation with accredited partner laboratories)