On 21 May 2021, the new limit values for formaldehyde in children’s toys published by the European Union in November 2019 as Amending Directive (EU) 2019/1929 will come into force.
The amendment of Annex II, Appendix C to Directive 2009/48/EC concerns toys intended for children under three years of age or toys intended to be taken into the mouth.
The new limit values for formaldehyde are as follows:
- 1.5 mg/l (migration limit) in polymeric materials for toys
- 0.1 ml/m3 (emission limit value) in materials made of synthetic pressed wood for toys
- 30 mg/kg (limit value) in textile materials for toys
- 30 mg/kg (limit value) in leather materials for toys
- 30 mg/kg (content limit value) in paper materials for toys
- 10 mg/kg (limit value) in water-based materials for toys
As a expert for emission measurements and content analysis, we look forward to receiving your enquiries at firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/DE/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:32019L1929&from=DE (last accesses: May 10th, 2021)