Californian standard for evaluation und reduction of VOC emissions
On behalf of the Californian working group for sustainable building of California’s Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle) in 2002/2003 that specification has been developed which is now known as the CDPH Standard method.
The Section is now the most important standard in the US concering the evaluation and reduction of VOC emissions in indoor air.
Measurement and evaluation
- Air sample collection for VOCs and aldehydes: after 24, 48 and 96 hr during chamber test
- Identification and quantitative analysis of VOCs emitted to air by the product
- Modeling of VOC analysis results for stipulation of concentrations in standard building scenarios
- school classroom
- single family residence (optional)
- Evaluation of modeled concentrations in relation to chronic health guidelines
This topic on this page was last updated: Feb 27th, 2020.